Monday, January 14, 2008

Exceeding Expectaions

It’s been over a year since I initially signed up for Outtatown and ever since I licked the envelope and sent it off with a kiss, I’ve been creating expectations of Africa in my mind.

While I sat on our 11 hour flight from London to Jo’burg I became terrified that maybe these expectations had set the bar too high. I began to worry that I would be disappointed in the end. But once we got on our bus and began driving through South Africa’s gorgeous countryside I knew that it had far passed my expectations already.

I know that these three months are going to change me in more ways that I can ever imagine. I know that I am going to come home changed and appreciate everything I have taken for granted.

p.s. Lynele, you have so much to look forward to!!!

Written by: Lauren Sonnenberg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren,

So you made it to S. Africa! It's -30 degrees here today (Jan. 14). Brrrrrrrrr. Will be sending a letter in the next couple days. Hope you are doing well. Hi from Oakbank, Manitoba!