Monday, January 14, 2008

Beautiful Moments

I had a beautiful moment today as I stood outside of the small, vibrant Soweto Vineyard Church. The service had just ended and we were given the opportunity to mingle with members of the congregation. After a few minutes I found myself looking at a handful of teenage girls who had created a semi-circle around me. We had an interesting time trying to pronounce each other’s names…okay, it was more like I had a interesting time trying to pronounce their names. Their smiles were huge and their giggles were adorable as I, time after time, continued to ask if they could say it again. Once I got those down they were eager to teach me how different greetings in both Zulu and Sutu, two of the eleven official languages of South Africa. Once again, I was a gong show. But these are the moments I have come to cherish; moments when I learn something new and my comfort zone expands and I am able to connect with new people. I have a feeling that my time here is going to be filled with an incredible amount of beautiful moments! South Africa has been amazing so far!

And on one last note: know that we are good and we love you and we miss you and we are praying for you! God bless.

Written by: Mei-Lin Ing

No comments: